Through Baylor’s Center for Christian Education Virtual Learning Academies, we have been learning alongside hundreds of amazing Christian teachers and administrators since March. Collectively, these educators have been identifying the most effective ways to engage students in deep learning, authentic assessments, and meaningful feedback regardless of educational delivery models. We will share tools for immediate assessment and feedback that make time for performance assessments and deeper feedback in sustainable and life-giving ways for teachers and students.
This strand will focus on practical tools and structures to effectively evaluate the impact of our Christ-centered instruction on student learning. We will be working on:
- Learning targets: design and implementation of learning targets, the foundation of student-led assessment
- Assessment: design authentic assessments with criteria for success that could be in the form of single-point, holistic, or analytic rubrics
- Feedback: formative practices for flash feedback and summative practices to strengthen teachers’ and students’ ability to give, receive, and apply feedback for learning
- Continuing Education Unit Credits
- 1 Year Access to PD Package
- Access to Professional Development Package Online Portal
- Access to Facilitator Portal
- Access to Session Videos
- Printable & Digital Handouts
- Facilitator Training/Webinar
- Free Tickets to Attend Virtual Gathering
"This is the book education in our country needs right now. Jon Eckert′s professional experiences as a researcher, practitioner, teacher educator, and policy leader help bring a deep and layered view of the complexities of leadership development. The conversation starters are catapults to embrace uncomfortable and bold dialogue among those truly invested in building better systems for student learning. Prepare to be transformed, no matter what role you have in education."Megan M. AllenNBCT, Ed.D., Master of Arts in Teacher Leadership
"This refreshing book is upbeat in tone, practical in nature, and noble in approach. Principals and teacher leaders will be able to follow Eckert’s advice with confidence and assuredly reap the benefits."James W. GuthrieChair of the Department of Leadership, Policy, and Organizations
Leadership is what is done, not who is doing it. The leadership work blurs the lines between teachers and administrators. Leading Together introduces a collective approach to progress, process, and programs to help build the conditions in which strong leadership can flourish and student outcomes improve.
All school teams will find applicable insights as they explore the Collective Leadership Development Model for School Improvement. This book:
– Breaks down this innovative model and explains the significance and interdependence of each proven and tested component.
– Asks fearless reflection questions that both challenge and demand deliberate practice.
– Offers case study insights from an urban, rural, and suburban school.
Lead and learn together. Start building your team with an eye on the end game.
Professor of Educational Leadership
Jon Eckert, Ed.D., is the Copple Professor of Educational Leadership at Baylor University. He taught and coached intermediate and middle school students outside of Chicago and Nashville for 12 years. He completed his doctorate at Vanderbilt University and served at U.S. Department of Education during both the Bush and Obama administrations. For ten years, he prepared teachers at Wheaton College.
He is the author of The Novice Advantage: Fearless Practice for Every Teacher (Corwin, 2016) and Leading Together: Teachers and Administrators Improving Student Outcomes (Corwin, 2018), book chapters, and numerous articles. He researches collective leadership, teaching quality, and school improvement and supports school leaders, particularly Christian leaders through Baylor’s Center for Christian Education, in their pursuit of deeper learning for students.
This year, our brand-new virtual platform has allowed us to lower costs and expand capacity so that we can accommodate entire schools. CDL4 offers 3 Professional Development keynotes/packages for the price of 1, combined with a free ticket to the Virtual Gathering for each participant registered under a school.
This is an opportunity for your school to begin implementing Deeper Learning practices that go beyond the capabilities of an individual educator.